Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems. Founded in 2011, Zoom's mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that transforms the real-time collaboration experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever.
All LMC Staff and Faculty PCs have the Zoom app shortcut placed on the desktop. If you are using Zoom elsewhere, please follow the login instructions below:
Simply go to https://zoom.us and click on Sign In. From there you can log in using your LMC email address and the password you created. If you have not yet been assigned a Zoom account, please submit a request to the IT Service Desk for an account to be set up for you. Currently, the Zoom licenses are limited. IT is working on obtaining more licenses.
After you launch the app, you have two options. You can select Join a Meeting or Sign In. If you just want to join a meeting-in-progress click on Join a Meeting. If you would like to log in and start or schedule your own meeting, click on Sign In.
To login, you can use your zoom account email and password.
Once you have logged in, you will see the main dialog box as shown below. The default tab is "Home".
- Click on Start without video to start a meeting sharing your "desktop" or "application"
- Click on Start with video to start a video meeting
- Click on Schedule to set up a a future meeting
- Click on Join to join a meeting that has already been started
- Click Share Screen to share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering in the sharing key or meeting ID
Select "Meetings" to view, start, edit, and delete your personal meeting ID, scheduled meetings, and recorded meetings.
- Start: Selecting start will start the pre-scheduled meeting that you have listed in your upcoming meetings.
- Edit: You can edit or update your scheduled meeting.
- Delete: Selecting delete will permanently delete your scheduled meeting.
- Copy: Here you can copy your scheduled meeting(s) invitation text and manually paste into an email, IM, SMS etc.
Note: if you do not see your scheduled meeting, click the refresh tab in the upper right-hand corner to update/refresh the meeting list.
You can find the Settings tab in the main dialog box or in the meeting menu bar. After clicking Settings, you will have the following options:
- General: You can select default preferences
- Audio: You can test, select and adjust your speakers, and microphone
- Video: You can test and select your video camera
- Feedback: We welcome any questions, comments, or feedback
- Recording: Here you can browse/open your stored recordings (all recordings are stored on your local device/computer)
- Account/Pro account: Here you can upgrade your account to PRO and manage your account details (learn more)
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions from the menu bar located at the bottom of the meeting window (move your mouse to toggle):
- Invite more people to join by email, IM, SMS (mobile users) or meeting ID (learn more)
- Screen share your desktop or specific application window (learn more)
- Group or private chat (learn more)
- Record your meeting (learn more)
- Manage participants (learn More)
- Mute and unmute your audio
- Select audio options (learn more)
- Stop and start your video
- Configure your settings (learn more)
- Leave or end the meeting